This page contains WJM’s policy on how we (a) take account of social and environmental factors and their impact, (b) conduct our business, and (c) manage our relationships with employees, clients, suppliers and the wider community.
Scope and Applicability
The policy is applicable to all Partners at WJM and makes clear to our clients, suppliers and the wider community our vision for corporate social responsibility.
This policy does not form part of any employee’s contract of employment and will be subject to continual review and may at our discretion be amended to take into account any changes in legislation and/or at WJM.
Responsibility for Implementation of the Policy
The Chief Executive has overall responsibility for the effective operation of this policy and for ensuring our compliance with the relevant statutory frameworks. He has delegated day-to-day responsibility for operating the policy and ensuring its maintenance and review to the Director of HR.
All Partners have a specific responsibility to operate within the boundaries of this policy, ensure that all employees understand the standards of behaviour expected of them and to take action when behaviour falls below its requirements.
To ensure its success, all employees are expected to comply with and support this policy.
Approach to Business
At WJM, we are committed to ensuring that our business is conducted according to the highest professional and legal standards by:
- committing to fair business practices in our dealings with employees, clients, suppliers and any other third party interacting with us;
- ensuring all business-related matters are conducted in an transparent and honest manner;
- ensuring, where required, the confidentiality of all information within our knowledge.
We are committed to providing our employees with a working environment which complies with all health and safety legislation.
We aim to provide roles which are worthwhile and satisfying in a successful business, and we aim to:
- recruit and retain people of talent and integrity;
- engage with employees and listen to them; and
- maximise the contribution, skills, talents, performance and experience of employees.
Embracing diversity helps us to attract, retain and develop employees while developing a creative and innovative culture that appeals to our clients. By embracing diversity and respecting the communities we part of, we will:
- treat all employees with respect, honesty and fairness; and
- ensure employment policies are fair and provide equal opportunities for all, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, social background, religion, disability or sexuality.
As far as is possible, we will work to source and use local suppliers of goods and services.
As a local and national employer, we and our employees will from time to time support local and national charities throughout the year by holding events and fund-raising opportunities such as dress-down days, bake sales or raffles.
Protection of the environment forms an important part of how we conduct our business. We are committed to protecting the environment by:
- complying with applicable legislations, regulations and codes of practice;
- minimising as far as possible our contribution to pollution;
- maximising the efficient use of resources and material;
- disposing of all waste in a responsible manner;
- continually managing and seeking to improve our environmental performance.