What Changes will The Children(Scotland) Act Make for Children and Young People
October 26 2022, Virtual Seminar
2pm – 5pm: £180
Speaker : Tom Quail, Wright, Johnston & Mackenzie LLP
The Children (Scotland) Act 2020 received royal assent in August 2020. The changes have not yet been brought into force as the Government, Local Authority Courts and Children’s Hearings prepare for the changes before they have to start delivering them.
The new Act brings the law into line with children’s rights under the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC).
This seminar will consider the main changes for children and young people being:-
• Children and young people having more opportunity to give their views to court;
• The courts having to explain decisions to children;
• Children having Support Advocacy Workers in family court actions;
• Measures to keep children safe in contact centres;
• Registration of Child Welfare Reporters and Curators ad litem and rules of how they should carry out their duties;
• The court having to investigate the reason contact arrangements are not working
• Rules to avoid legal proceedings taking too long
The seminar will look at the potential impact, the changes the new Act will bring and the advice which requires to be given by family law/child law practitioners.
Book your place here: http://ccpdtraining.co.uk/booking/booking-childrenscotlandact